Wednesday, February 8, 2012

1st Post

So yeah, I didn't read all the books. Not because I didn't have time, I just honestly got stuck on Their Eyes Were Watching God. The dialect, I honestly hated it. It slowed me down and made it very hard to get through the book. The Stranger was a breeze. Unfortunately my plan was to read The Stranger, then move on to Their Eyes Were Watching God, then move to 1984. So yeah, didn't get to 1984. But that sounds like a good thing since I heard so many other people were signed up for that, I'll be interested to read something else instead!
Favorite: My favorite was going to be 1984 purely because the book was written about a very interesting topic. Without reading it I can't pick it. I choose The Stranger by default. It was odd from what I can remember.
Least Favorite: I hated Their Eyes Were Watching God. Story was pretty good, but the dialect hurt my eyes. I wish there was another reason, but there just isn't.
If I were to write an essay on the third one I'd focus on the author's style, word choice, and message he/she may be trying to send through whatever literary techniques they throw in.

No comments:

Post a Comment